Riding the Paris Metro
Our number one time and money saving tip is to ride the Paris metro. The Paris Metro is:
- Fast - Zip across Paris in under a half hour.
- Convenient - No place in Paris is more than a few blocks walk from a metro station.
- Cheap - Around 11 euros for 10 tickets.
To learn how to:
- Purchase a ticket using an automated ticket machine in French.
- Navigate within the Paris metro stations.
- Avoid pick pockets on the trains.
- Use Maps in the metro to get to your destination in the shortest amount of time.
Riding the Paris Metro Video
Watch our video "Riding the Paris Metro". Download the video below in Quicktime format (.mov).
- Riding the Paris Metro (7 minutes, high-resolution, 25 MB, approx. 4 minute download time on broadband/DSL).
- Riding the Paris Metro (7 minutes, medium resolution - signs may be hard to read, 10 MB, approx. 2 minute download time on broadband/DSL).
If you prefer text and photos over video, read How to Buy a Ticket on the Paris Metro here .
Author: Cheryl Montgomery